What are the main challenges?
To integrate a people and practice dimension into the more technical solutions to green transition of the agrofood systems. Key challenges in this regard would be:
- Provide insights on individual, citizen, and business practices,
- Understand the role of culture
- Propose ways that lead to behavioural change and adoption of practices
- Investigate consumer adoption and acceptance of technologies and new products
- Support technological solutions to advance on Societal Readiness Levels
- Support the market exploitation and internationalization of proposed business solutions
- Incorporate and ensure diversity (gender, LGBTQ+)
Key characteristics of the HUB
People and practices HUB will aim to support proposals that require the SSH dimension and need to advance the societal readiness level of the proposed solutions. Besides, the HUB will target research opportunities that have a sole SSH dimension. The HUB is interdisciplinary with experts from Social Sciences, as well as experts from specific domains (e.g. food production, farming, product development, nutrition, health).
What kind of research areas would complement the HUB research?
- Social Science and Humanities
- Marketing research, consumer behaviour, and consumer psychology
- Technology & Digitalization
- Social Media Management / Communication
- Behavioural models
- Business models
- Societal transitions
- Citizen science